The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 14 January 2009

Pottery Class


What a week this has been, this is my third class. Slimming, creative writing and now pottery! I have set my alarm clock for the first time in years and it feels pretty good ....... once you are out of bed and having a cup of tea that is ...... getting out of bed is the point where you ask yourself 'Why am I doing this? I actually had to turn down an invitation this week, the first time in quite a few years, which was a pity.

Getting out of the City in the rush hour traffic was another blast from the past, no changes there, but it is not in my nature to be late so I had allowed for traffic.

The class was welcoming and airy, full of brightly coloured pots, tiles, lots of different experiments going on and mostly people my age which was nice. Very different from the 'Pottery Taster' course I had attended in the City earlier in he year. This was more like I had imagined.

I was taught the basic 'pinch pot' method of pottery and the lady who introduced and enrolled me on the course was doing all sorts of experimental things with wire and clay. Some other ladies were doing pots from moulds, both of these techniques attracted my attention and I thought I would like to try both. The one male in the class who was obviously well educated, was also a dreadful 'know all', trying to show off to a 'clutch of lady potters', I am sure this will be lots of fun. Hopefully there is going to be plenty more to write in this class!

No comments: