The original Miss Jones

Thursday 29 January 2009

The plight of the Robin

The day started well, I watched a robin red breast in my back yard this morning. It's not often we see one of those in the inner city. I read in the last RSPB publication that 'the second wet summer in a row in (2008) has been disastrous for our best-loved birds. It was the worst breeding season since the British Trust for Ornithology began collecting records in 1983'. Other birds have fared badly too, but not like the Robins.

Today was a grey, dull, cold typical January day, it never really got light. However, after a few false starts with arrangements, I went off to see if I could get the publication I wanted for my writing class again and this time had success.

My Cardioversion has been re-scheduled for next Wednesday 4th February, I shall be glad when it is over now. I feel as if this situation has been around forever, but it is actually only seven months. I am still not very comfortable with it as I have no faith in this particular hospital. However, the alternative is a lifetime of medication, so .......... Cardioversion it is I suppose. I feel I have been served badly by the medical profession over this issue. There will be more to say on all this after next week, I suspect!

No comments: