The original Miss Jones

Sunday 11 January 2009

Blogging


A friend rang today and asked me about Blogging. How did I find it? What is it exactly and did I find it therapeutic? I had to think on my feet.

Another friend introduced me to it some four or five months ago. At first I couldn't see the point and then decided I had nothing to say, but was eventually persuaded to try. I have twice nearly given up and although not addicted to it, I enjoy it more. So what is it?

The idea of a diary as being good therapy has been around for a long time, imagine a diary without out the personal bits, but what you like to talk about or state your views on and that is Blogging I suppose. Some people do use blogging as therapy and talk about their angst, but I don't see it as that. I suppose when you live on your own, as I do, then it is a way of 'talking through' a subject that you enjoy taking about, or are worrying about or rambling on about your interests. I suppose instead of exchanging or exploring issues with a partner I do it with a cyber community! Different people use it for different things. Well this is how I explained it to my friend anyway!

I regularly read the Blog of a lady in the USA who's husband is very ill, another one is a young man who has married into different culture and moved to the other side of the world. I think that Blog therapy is a healthy thing, after all the cyber public don't have to read them. I think this culture will continue, after all it fills a need.

However, it is good to remember that life is precious and it is important to live it to the full. That does not mean always in front of a PC!

No comments: