The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 14 January 2009

Pavement gooble de gook!


I stayed behind and had lunch with some of the pottery group today to try and get to know them as I am one of the late starters, and the 'sole guy' was there. He is from a smaller town further up the valley and asked where I was from originally. I told him Tredegar and he said 'The pavements in Tredegar are far superior to those where I live'. Being at somewhat of a loss to know what to say in reply, someone came to my rescue and went on to remark that local authorities deal with different provisions in different ways (Why didn't I think of that instead of being gob smacked by the remark?).

When I got home I rang my friend, who still lives in Tredegar. When she recovered from a giggling fit we decided that I will go up on Sunday and we will take a good look at the pavements and see how they compare with other pavements in the area. (as if ... it's just an excuse for a get together!)

What a strange thing to talk about! Watch this space you may be able to learn something about pavement provision and cost shortly!!

No comments: