The original Miss Jones

Saturday 24 January 2009

A pleasant day



Enjoyed a nice day with Miss L in Monmouth. We went to Midday Eucharist at the nearby Convent, it was lovely. There was just the priest, five nuns and my friend and I. I have worshiped there many times but today with such a small gathering it seemed more intimate, more personal, just like a group of friends sharing something special.

After lunch we went into Miss L's garden. I have learned to keep my camera close to me and I was able to photograph some very stark, bare trees. One of them (photograph above) has clumps of mistletoe in the top branches. I had lots of lush greenery and some wonderful wisps of Wychazel to take home to arrange in my sitting room.

My friends daughter and her husband joined us for the afternoon. While hubby was doing some jobs in the garden I was being taught to crochet by his wife! It was all good fun!

After a deep discussion about the National Lottery and how we are covetous of winning but rarely enter, I decided to invest a few pounds on the way home. Let's get things moving, we both need some money! The next I remember about the Lottery is when the numbers are put on the television screen some hours later. Damn ....forgot again! Never mind, we are rich in other things.

No comments: