The original Miss Jones

Saturday 10 January 2009

Simplicity.

First Light by John Waterhouse

The catalogue pictured above was given to me upon the purchase of the picture on the cover. It was a Wedding Anniversary gift a long time ago. A Limited Edition print, I still have that picture on my living room wall, I keep it now only only because I like it - nothing more. The artist is a modern artist - John Waterhouse.

Solitude by David Lorenze Winston

I chanced upon this second picture earlier when I was looking for something else. It was so eye catching in it's simplicity I thought I would include it in the Blog. The artist is David Lorenz Winston and it is similar to the painting I have in my living room.

I think the simplicity in both paintings reflects my tastes. Simple and uncluttered. I must find out more about both artists.

No comments: