The original Miss Jones

Saturday 3 January 2009

Creative writing.


I have been looking for some considerable time for a creative writing course but without success. However, now I think I may have found something compatible to my requirements. It begins in mid January and the first session is a 'taster' session (free of charge) which means if it is not what I am looking for then I do not pay the full course fee.

I have also learned of a 'Story For Children' competition. Now I do not expect to win this, but I do have two children's stories waiting around for me to do something with them so I thought would send them off. What do I want from this ? Comment and guidance.

I find writing exciting, challenging, fulfilling and fun, especially with writing for children where you can put yourself in the mind of a child. I am finding, as with this Blog, it can be a satisfying craft.

Of the two stories that I have written, I found one easier to write that the other. I have held one story in my mind since I was expecting my second child some thirty seven years ago. I found that easier to write about ......something you know about ...... rather than to make it up completely from nothing, which is what I have done with story number two.

I had some difficulty in deciding what audience I envisioned. Somewhere between two and three years I think. These are bedtime stories, not 'Learn to Read' stories. Anyway we will see what happens to them. The deadline for this competition is 31st March 2009, so I have plenty of time to 'tweak' these stories.

No doubt this Blog will be recording my progress ......but I will try not to be boring!

No comments: