The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 21 January 2009

Pottery Class - Week 2


I love this class. It is so relaxing, friendly, full of brightly coloured pots and pieces, work from pupils who have long moved on and left behind a legacy of fine work, odd objects and a bit of themselves.

I painted Clarence my cat this morning, he is very amateur and because I did not like the subject matter, I don't care for him too much, but then I graduated to coasters, which I took much more pride in. The first one I am doing has a leaf embedded in it, which I painstakingly went out into the garden of the Education block to find and the second one has a piece of coiled copper wire in the middle. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

I saw some tiny ceramic Christmas trees this morning, tree decorations I think. I must try and make some of those later in the year.

After the hard work of the Monday class in Creative Writing, this one allows me to wind down. I have made a good choice I think in what I have chosen to do. A good contrast.

No comments: