The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 28 January 2009

A day of happenings ......


Today in pottery I lost control of my pot. It started life as a pen pot and then had a metamorphosis and became a bud vase. It is a very wilful piece of clay, but I have to believe it will come through for me in the end.

On the way home from pottery, I was stuck behind a jazz band (yes, that's right) and couldn't overtake. They were parading around an area of the city where a very old, famous pub had closed down and this was the 'funeral march' arranged similarly to a funeral procession following a hearse, to make the point to the brewery that this pub was a piece of history, enjoyed by a community and was now boarded and shuttered because of their greed. BBC Wales were there and people handing leaflets to pedestrians and through car windows. I have had a similar experience to this before when I lived in the Cotswold's, my nephew and I were blocked in a parking space ........ by Morris men.

Eventually extracting myself from this situation, I met a friend for coffee; I was given a small present, a bar of hand made Welsh chocolate. I thought I had better eat it before Lent (as I am giving up chocolate for Lent) which I know is a month away, because if I took it home and put it away, I might discover it during Lent! It was super. The firm is called Castle Chocolate, hand made in Caerphilly http://www.castlechocolates.co.uk/ for further info. Nice for presents and so on ....

On my way out of the City, I saw the chap who I had lived next door to in Monmouth. .... odd. He waved and I felt I had to stop. He had been to the Tesco's local to me, said he comes down from Monmouth often to go there. It takes all sorts ........

After trying to buy a new cartridge for my printer, finding the shop did not have what I wanted and then failing to find the pottery supplier I needed, I eventually I got home. There was one of those leaflets on my mat from the Jazz Band people, supporters of 'The Engineers Pub' that had closed down, so I felt I had come full circle. Then on with more reading for my Creative Writing course.... Life has sure stepped up a notch!

No comments: