The original Miss Jones

Thursday 22 January 2009

Burns Night Dinner.

I have been invited to a Burns night dinner on Sunday 25th January to celebrate what would have been the 25o year anniversary of the birth of Robbie Burns. I have accepted, but have to admit that apart from the fact that he is a Scottish Bard and wrote 'Auld Lang Syne', I know nothing about him.

I am told that at a formal Burns night dinner the haggis is carried in to the sound of the bagpipes and Burns 'Address to the Haggis' is read before the haggis is cut open for consumption. The evening traditionally ends with a rousing chorus of 'Auld Lang Syne'. So ..... we will see. I don't think this is a formal affair that I am attending, just a friend of a friend who happens to be a Scotsman and celebrates this night every year.

I must look up something about Burns before Sunday night. I don't want to be the only person there who does not know anything about this guy! I am sure there will be more to Blog on this!

No comments: