The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 27 January 2009

Junk Mail


Like everyone else I get a lot of junk mail, however I get a substantial amount about planning my funeral. This started when I reached 60 years old and my pensions matured, and is just escalating.

I am fairly 'young at heart' for my age and just re-cycle these things tongue in cheek, but what about people who are a lot older, are they targeted too? How do they feel? Do they want their mortality spelled out in unsolicited mail a few times a week.

One of the paragraphs in the most recent letter starts ....... By freezing the cost of your funeral at today's prices you could make a substantial saving ....... How insensitive. What do these people think they are selling? A lot of people plan ahead, myself included; this was done when I was married. I find this unpalatable to have letters like this landing on my door mat. I like to think I have a long way to go yet and object to having something that is sensitive and personal coming through my letterbox

No comments: