The original Miss Jones

Friday 30 January 2009

Art ....again!

Claude Monet
Arriving at the surgery at 7.45 this morning to have my bloods taken, we were let inside early because of the heavy rain. I was there before the nurse so started leafing through some magazines. One was a cultural publication, not the sort of thing you expect to find in this area of the City. My recent interest in art has taken a back seat since I started two courses after Christmas, but I found myself reading an article about Claude Monet. I liked the picture above and made a mental note to look up more about this artist when time permits.
Pablo Piccaso
Lithographe 1v

Upon turning the page, I found some lithographes by Pablo Picasso 'some of his earlier works' it said. I am obviously wasting my time in creative writing, I must get my pens out and have a go at something like this!

No comments: