The original Miss Jones

Saturday 7 March 2009

A trip to the Cinema.

from 'The Young Victoria'

Another trip to the cinema on my own! I am getting used to this and as there are quite a few other people on their own as well, I don't stick out as a 'saddo'!

I enjoyed the film 'The Young Victoria', it was a bit of a flouncy historical drama and tells the story of a cloistered young girl, who becomes Queen at a very early age and ends after the birth of her first child. There were about 2 dozen people in the cinema. When I went to see 'Slumdog Millionaire' I had to look for a seat. However, 'The Young Victoria' was worth watching and I am glad I saw it.

Sarah Ferguson (her who's HRH no more) helped produce this film and Princess Bee had a cameo role in it. I spotted her straight away without knowing this before hand, so my powers of observation are still on target!

I popped into Newport earlier and thought how sad the town has become. There were hardly any people about and scaffolding everywhere you look; many shops are closed down to make way for the new development and it just looked neglected. Before heading for the cinema I went to the local out of town development to the cash point; what a difference. There were more people there than I have seen in Newport town centre for many years, the place was teeming with life. Parking, or lack of it, is killing Newport and all the £1 shops and charity shops that have flooded the place. What we need is some good department stores and upmarket chain stores if Newport wants to compete with other cities.

No comments: