The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Potty Pottery Suppliers!

I went to the pottery suppliers today. This was my fifth attempt to find them open. Success! Fired with enthusiasm, my next seat neighbour from pottery class and myself pulled up outside. It took us a minute or two to read the new sign on the door as to what days they would be closed. They only opened on the 2nd March after a three week shut down! In we went.

I don't know what I was expecting, but listening to the people in pottery class I thought it would be a warehouse type place stacked with implements for pottery, clays, glazes and so on. Well it was, sort of, about the size of my living room and all the clays etc. were kept outside. We asked the guy, who I assumed to be a potter himself, for the clay my neighbour wanted, paper clay. They didn't have it. We tried the paint she wanted, same reply. I then said, picking up a pot, 'Did you make this?' 'No' he replied 'I am not a potter.' Well silly me!

We didn't get anything we wanted and when all attempts at conversation failed (it was like pulling teeth to get this chap to say anything) we left. My next seat neighbour was disappointed, and so was I, but not to the same degree as her. So our afternoon out turned into ten minutes in the pottery 'shop' and we felt cheated!

We soon put things to rights, we treated ourselves to a lunch out before she got the bus back home!

No comments: