The original Miss Jones

Monday 9 March 2009

Mothers Union

Mothers Union Logo
I have agreed to join the Mothers Union, yes, that's right, ME! I am not sure how I got into this, but I have and I would like to play an active part. I have not had much time this week to read up thoroughly on this organisation due to college commitments, but I will do.

I know that the founder is Mary Sumner born in 1828 and died in 1921 aged 92 years old, but other than that, which I have picked up somewhere along life's rich path, I know little!


A Christian organisation with more than 3.6 million members in 79 countries must be doing something right mustn't they? So I will go along on Wednesday evening to my Inauguration and see where this membership takes me. If this particular group is not effective then I simply won't stay. If you are going to commit time to voluntary work you have to make an effort to be effectual. I should know this after committing myself to H M Prison Service for 21 years. This is a complete change of direction. Let's see what happens.

No comments: