The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Dali - A Voyage of Discovery


The Hallucinogenic Toreador - Dali

Reading the book about Salvador Dali is a real voyage of discovery. In the above picture, which I like enormously, Dali transmits his passion for bullfighting. I have read that the whole scene is contained within a bullfighting ring while alluring tentatively to the colours of the Spanish flag.


In Pottery this morning I was telling 'sole male' about my reading this book (his other subject is art) and he recommended to me a book called 'The Secret Life of Salvador Dali'. It is autobiographical and comes well recommended from 'sole male' who's views I am coming to respect. At first I thought he was a grumpy old 'so and so', but he is actually quite well informed.

I did not think for a moment that I would like Dali's work but I do, some of it, but then this has been the case with those that I have familierised myself with to date. Not all, but some.

No comments: