The original Miss Jones

Thursday 26 March 2009

The N.H.S

The Royal gwent Hospital, Newport

I was given an appointment some months ago to see my Cardiologist today - 3.10 on March 26th. I arrived there and after taking 40 minutes to park, got to the cardiology clinic at 3.05. I was kept waiting nearly two hours. This was pretty much what I expected, but what I wasn't expecting was, to be told by the Consultant (when I finally did get to see him) that he had overrun with his clinic and could I come back in a few months - he would send for me again.

Isn't this appalling? There was ructions in the waiting room with the other people who had been told the same thing, but I was so disgusted that I couldn't be bothered to argue. It won't get you anywhere. The RGH have been treating people like cattle for 40 years that I know of, so it's not going to change now. I am afraid it's just 'put up and shut up' for us NHS patients!

No comments: