The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Pottery Class - again!

I really do enjoy this pottery class. There is no pressure whatsoever, such a laid back atmosphere and very gentle people. I had to experiment with the 'Agate' method of mixing two colour clays today to give a marble effect. This is not obvious in the photograph above but I was pleased with the mix and the design - so was the tutor, more to the point.

These 'bits' in this photograph are three old fashioned stone hot-water bottles for a dolls house. They will be super when I glaze them. Only the top needs to be painted, as when they are glazed and fired they will be the colour that I want to achieve. The tutor was fine with me doing these and encouraged me to do more for the dolls house. I shall have to have a word with Mrs. H to see what else she wants. These were selling in the Fair on Sunday for £1.75 each!


Some of the ladies in this class are doing glassware jewellery. It is lovely, vibrant colours and unusual shapes and so professional. I must have a go at that at some point!

No comments: