The original Miss Jones

Sunday 15 March 2009

Dolls House Fair and MUD!


Some years ago I bought a dolls house for my grand daughter and she loved it! She's nearly twenty now and long ago lost interest, her boyfriend is more important (Why ?) Last year I decided to refurbish it for her. I didn't get very far, without her physical presence and putting her 'five penny worth' in, it all seemed pointless. I don't think I have completely lost the bug, but without her around, it's all less exciting somehow.


Today there was a Dolls House Fair locally. I decided to go and have a look, and no, I didn't get all bug eyed again. When I was leaving, I decided to take a short cut to my car, why I don't know because it was almost in front of me anyway. The sun was glorious as I picked my way through some dry leaves, under some budding catkin branches, only the dry leaves were not so dry and I sank deep into several inches of mud! I wouldn't have minded so much normally, but I had gone there straight from Church as was wearing my best shoes! Black suede with thin high heels. Hmmm ..... I have left them to dry and I will just have to hope the dried mud will brush off. That will teach me to try and cut corners!

No comments: