The original Miss Jones

Sunday 29 March 2009

Passion Sunday

This morning's sermon was uplifting, and boy did I need some uplifting!

Christians reading today will know that it is Passion Sunday. Two weeks of Passiontide begin, the first week being known as Passion Week and the second being known as Holy Week. This day - Passion Sunday - memorializes the increasing apathy against Christ from the Jews who would not accept Him. They accused Him of sorcery, being blasphemas and possessed by the devil.

The sermon evoked thought on these issues, and if I am honest, I haven't thought about them since this time last year! I think perhaps we are suppose to reflect during this coming week to prepare ourselves for Holy Week, the week leading up to Easter; but then the whole Lent period is about reflection.


I have missed the Bible study group this year as it was held in the Cathedral, lead by the Bishop, but circumstance made it impossible for me to go; but Bible study groups are a good tool to get Christians to focus on the issues connected with this time of year.

It's our Annual Vestry on Tuesday night (Parish AGM), it will be a change to attend one where I am not taking the minutes!

No comments: