The original Miss Jones

Saturday 21 March 2009

The odds and the sods .......


Sad news. My Doctor aged 47 years has terminal cancer. I get on so well with her, she is a lovely person.

Good News. Miss A is driving her car! She has not driven for twenty years and although she has had a lengthy refresher course with a School of Motoring she has been nervous. Yesterday she just turned up on my doorstep. There will be no stopping her now!

I have just planted up two tubs of pansies (similar to those above - taken last year) re-potted my two Bay trees into bigger pots, weeded and swept the front path and proudly put one pot of pansies out there! Got all last years dross out of pots and tubs, tomorrow I will dig the boarders out the back.

Sorted out and written just a few Easter cards and put money in the ones for grandchildren.

I got my car rinsed, hand washed, hand dried, buffed up and tyres blackened all for £5. Marvellous value for someone like me without an outside tap.

Booked an appointment to get my hair cut with Toni & Guy. They were asking for models, so Miss A and I have put ourselves forward. I go Monday, she goes Wednesday! I couldn't afford to go there normally so this is a bonus. I remember the days in Cambridge when I used to go to Toni & Guy every 6 weeks. How the mighty hath fallen!

Now - off to watch the Wales match on the tele!.

No comments: