The original Miss Jones

Monday 23 March 2009

Mothering Monday



A day of mixed emotions. My eldest son and family came for the evening. They couldn't come yesterday, so came tonight. I love to see them and my youngest granddaughter, who looks like her Mum, has all her Dad's mannerisms. She is just like he was at her age - 10 years old. I had a super gift - ginger, vanilla & pink pepper toiletries.

My pottery cat, Clarence, has a new home with youngest granddaughter. Be happy Clarence!

I also had a nice day yesterday, Mrs.H, Miss A and I all went out to lunch, then had a trip down the Wye Valley. Being the nincompoop that I am I didn't take my camera. I have been waiting for an opportunity to take some photos for the Blog and then when it arises and I don't pick up the camera!

I handed my Assignment in at college today. The sense of relief when I handed it over was enormous! I won't know the results for quite a while.

I went and got my hair cut at Toni & Guy, as a model for the trainees, after college. I won't be doing it too often. I was there two hours for a shampoo and cut!!!

I had news tonight that a very good friend of mine has ovarian cancer. I had a little weep. We were such good friends before I came back to Newport. We worked together for the Church and we were always getting into scrapes with the vicar. She has this wonderful ability to laugh, and you know what they say about that. Laugh and the world laughs with you .......... I look back on that time with great fondness.

May God bless and keep you N. you are in my prayers - xxx

No comments: