The original Miss Jones

Friday 5 December 2008

Suitably Stupid!

Mama Mia

When my friend (her of Police car fame - see my Blog of 9th Nov) asked if she could come for an overnight stay and suggested that she bring her CD of Mama Mia for us to watch, my reply was that although I did Have a DVD it wasn't working. Being a qualified scientist and having an analytical mind she replied 'Have you got instructions?' I said that I did and her reply was that two intelligent women could sought this out!


After spending over half an hour searching for these instructions and proudly producing them we proceeded with the 'repair'. My friend was quite sure that every plug was in the right socket and that everything was in order; she could not fathom why it wouldn't work. So she pressed the start button and the thing sprang into life, then she pressed the eject button and the CD holder slid quietly out to meet us, she placed the CD in it's holder, pressed the button on the remote and BINGO! ...... the film started! My friend took one look at my face and collapsed laughing. I was in shock! I have been sitting here for nearly two years looking at that, wishing fervently that it would work and all the time it did! Well, what gave me the idea that it didn't? One of those mysteries that will never be solved, but it made my friends night even if I did feel suitably stupid!!!





No comments: