The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 23 December 2008

LLwydcoed, Aberdare


This morning I went to Llwydcoed Crematorium in Aberdare to put some flowers on my parents place of rest. It is a long way from Newport and it is always so much colder up there than down in Newport. I was okay wrapped in my warm duffle coat and my long fluffy scarf, but then I have had a lot of practice in the elements at Aberdare! I have never seen so many people there .... and it wasn't raining, which is very unusual!

There was a service in progress when I passed the chapel and that brought back memories, but all in all it was a positive visit. You cannot put too many flowers in the receptacles as they are so small - crematorium plots - it's not like a grave where you have lots of space. Anyway, I did the best I could with what flowers I had, and when I finished I thought it all looked quite nice.

It just started to drizzle when I got to the car, well it couldn't not rain in Aberdare now could it?

No comments: