The original Miss Jones

Saturday 20 December 2008

Newport Wetlands

Wetlands Reserve, Newport, Gwent
I have known about the opening of the new Wetlands Reserved for the three months it has been open, but although it is only approximately two miles from where I live, I have never visited. I should, I am sure it would give me some wonderful photos, another chance to use my new digital camera.

This weekend I have read in the local press that a Lampeter bases artist, Kathryn Harvey, is staging a three month exhibition in the Visitor Centre in the Wetlands. The press report that:

'The visitor centre is a stunning gateway to the beautiful wider reserve, with educational facilities, for field teaching, coffee shop, bird care products etc,'

I have always supported local artistes, wherever I have lived and own some nice works, so what with my new found interest in the arts and the desire to use my camera more, maybe I should make the effort and visit.

The exhibition will open on New Years day - 1st January 2009.

No comments: