The original Miss Jones

Sunday 7 December 2008

Paintings of Gustav Klimt

Schlob Kammer on the Attersee 1v - Gustav Klimt


To get to the point of writing about this painter I have to confess that 36 hours ago I knew nothing of him. I was advised to look at his works on the Internet, did so, and then my friend sent through a different web link and I discovered more about him. Thank you to all involved, because I have actually grown to adore what works I have seen of his so far. It was 'Love at first sight' for me, and I am not an 'arty'person by any means.

The paintings showing on the Blog are the ones I like best so far. I feel I want to know about this man, and will be reading more about him. So watch this space ....I will be writing about him and using his work in the Blog in the future.

I once felt like this about the poet Christina Rossetti 25 years ago, and still read her work to this day, and yet no other poet has captured my imagination.

Perhaps that is how I am meant to be, just 'liking what I like'!

No comments: