The original Miss Jones

Sunday 21 December 2008

Money, Money, Money


At Easter this year I bought a pretty china money box from the £1 shop. Every time I had some loose change in my purse I put it in the money box. This Christmas it is full and I decided to count it and bank it.

Before doing so I wrote down what I expected this money box to contain:
Hope - £20
Probably - £12 - £15
Disappointment - less than £10.

I had got some bags from the Bank last week, I have just been putting the task off. Anyway today was the day! I counted it and I had £53.76! I was thrilled. Wow .... that is going towards the service on my car due in March. I bagged the £53 and put the remainder in to start again for 2009.

This Christmas I fancied a money box - a pink pig with white spots on it - when I was out with a friend and was given it, there and then, for a Christmas present. So now I have two money boxes to fill .... The 2010 service is my aim ........... Got to keep the car on the road! I know what it's like to be without it!

1 comment:

Muderma said...

Hello Miss Jones! I've got a piggy in which I put every two pound coin I get ... that pays for Christmas presents for the family ...