The original Miss Jones

Saturday 27 December 2008

First love ..........

Me and HIM - Whitsun 1963
This badly marked, poorly scanned photograph above is of me aged sixteen and my very first love. Taken in Bedwellty Park in Tredegar in 1963.. it was a Whitsun time and my suit was new for the occasion, pearl grey with white accessories. HE had just met me from Chapel.


What is it doing in the Blog you may wonder. Well I found it in with some other old photos earlier tonight. All the photos of me and HIM have always been kept separately in a special place, but somehow this one escaped! It has now been placed lovingly with all the others, but I couldn't resist the temptation to scan it into the Blog and say something.


We met in school when we were both thirteen years old and had some super times together in a very immature way (because that is what we were - immature) no worldly knowledge for us in 1963.


I have asked, when I have visited Tredegar if any one knows where he is now, but no one seems to know where he went after he left Tredegar. He seems to have disappeared! Well I would just like to say 'Thank You ... for a lovely first relationship full of fun and normality, without any of the pressures that young people often seem to have these days. I am glad we knew each other in the early sixties'.

No comments: