The original Miss Jones

Monday 29 December 2008

A Family Evening .....


My Great Nephews Feet!

All you Blog followers out there are wondering why I have my great nephews feet as my topic picture. Well as you will guess thereby hangs a tale!

My great nieces had received for Christmas 'Dorothy' shoes, identical shoes to the ones Dorothy wore in the film 'The Wizard Oz'. They are delightful, the shoes I mean, as you will read loads more about how delightful their owners are later.

So ..... I took a photo of the shoes as the main picture for this Blog about my lovely family, it was only when I got home and downloaded the photos, I discovered it was a video of the shoes I had taken, with my brother -in-law-providing the unrehearsed commentary in the background! It is so funny! Unfortunately, I cannot upload a video onto blogger.

Now, my great Nephew, aged 2 years, wanted a photo of his feet also. It was just as well he did, otherwise I would not have had a lead picture for this blog!!!

I has such a lovely evening with my sister and her husband, and I was delighted to meet all their grandchildren, some of them for the first time. It was hilarious with four children from 4 years downwards, absolutely charming. I watched my brother-in-law of almost 40 years looking at his grandchildren and saw such love and pride in his face.

The children, as I have said, are delightful, two pretty little girls and two handsome boys, the youngest who walked for the first time tonight when I was there! How about that for a Christmas present?

No comments: