The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 30 September 2008

Chatting not shopping!

What happened to our lovely Autumn weather? It was drizzling when I got up this morning, but that seemed to pass over as I got ready to go to Monmouth to meet my cousin. By the time I left the house there was a watery sunshine with a promise of more to come. Not so ....by the time I got to Monmouth there was a steady downpour, and by the time I got to the meeting place I looked a wreck! My newly washed hair, stuck to my head and rain dripping from my nose, hood and umbrella! My cousin W. turned up looking smart and neat as always and I felt a real scruff by the side of her, but it is always good to see her and I forgot about my appearance as we started to chat.

A cup of coffee we decided was to be the first port of call, well tea actually, as we are both attending slimming clubs. We had our 'cuppa' in the nearest cafe and chatted our heads off, then thought perhaps we had better move on and do something else. We browsed around the shops in this little market town, but all the 'goodies' were far too expensive for us until we came to the £1 shop where I made two purchases.

We decided it was time for lunch about 30 minutes after we left the coffee shop! We ignored the super little Bistro we normally frequent in a pretty little cobbled street, in favour of a big chain place where we could get a humble baked potato. This we did, washed down with a slimline tonic and lots more chat! When we left we felt so virtuous! By this time cousin W. needed to move her car as her time was up in the car park. This we did and then decided to have an after lunch coffee. We felt we had earned this after our slimmers lunch. More Chat. We decided that through the winter months we would be more cultural, less shopping....what shopping all we did was chat!!!

By this time it was mid afternoon and we had just drifted from coffee shop to eatery to coffee shop! Well we enjoyed it. We parted promising to both go our separate ways and think of how we could improve our cultural knowledge the next time we meet. No chat .... just drinking in culture ...Huh who are we kidding?

No comments: