The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 17 September 2008

A Miserable Week

I decided to give up blogging after a miserable week of not being very well and deciding blogging was a waste of time. I am not sure that I have changed my mind, but a comment from a friend thismorning spurred me on me to keep going for now.

I haven't done a lot, kept getting disaster after disater, some small, some larger, but nothing anyone else would want to read.

Yesterday was most frustrating. After cleaning the whole house I was finishing up with the bathroom. I decided to stand back and admire my handiwork, bumpted into a wretched Spider Plant that DID live there and knocked it into my sparkling clean white bath, spraying all over the freshly washed floor as it fell. What a muddy mess! It now lives, together with it's pot, saucer and compost at the bottom of my yard!

As if that was not enough,I then went downstairs to watch the 'Soap' that I follow, went to draw the curtains for the evening and the right hand side of the curtain and pole fell down on top of me. I hasten to add I was not hurt, but the frustration was emmence as I had to sit in the dark all night so that people could not see in.

This morning has not been a lot better, I put a load of washing in last night as the weather forcast was good, and when I opened the one remaining curtain it was raining cats and dogs. What up with these weather forcasting people?

Off to see my old friend B. who lives a few doors away, is 84 years old and likes to do odd jobs for the price of a pint. 'He's on holiday in Bournmouth' said his kindly neighbour. Damn...what now. No handyman will coome out for such a small job. Another evening in the dark while I think what to do!

Good job my friend Miss L keeps sending me giggly jokes to keep my spirits up!

The last staw has been while all this has been happening to me, another friend of ours keeps emailing me from her sunny holiday destination about what a great time she is having in fab weather! Who says life is fair?

No comments: