The original Miss Jones

Monday 22 September 2008

Weight Watchers

Well I finally did it! I went to Weight Watchers.

After weeks of thinking about it and breaking promises to myself, tonight I finally went to Weight Watchers. I would be lying if I said things have changed; they have to some degree, but still the same small, tatty room in a local pub, with over priced branded goods on sale, everything from cereal bars to cook books and weighing scales.

The only change I noticed was that these days you make an orderly queue and go forward in privacy to be weighed instead of the leader telling you, none to quietly, what you weigh when you are in the front of the scrum!

After the big weigh-in I was given the diet, quick start diet, membership card, points booster, plan tracker, core plan, points plan, recipes, a-z food list and healthy eating guidelines........ and I thought I was crammed with information regarding my blogging, computer instruction and digital camera problems!

Now whether I ever go back to this place I do not know at this point. Nothing has happened tonight to alter my thinking that if you eat healthily, take regular exercise and cut out all rubbish , the same effect can be achieved without converting everything you eat into points!

It can't be that simple can it? Weight Watchers is a world wide organisation, spearheaded by the Duchess of York, surely if they say you weigh every morsel and then convert it into X amount of points per day is the magic formula to loose weight, it has to be true.......doesn't it?

Today I have suffered from an overload of information one way or another. I think I will go and reflect on it all with a bar of chocolate!

1 comment:

Muderma said...

I hope it was a Weight Watchers approved bar of chocolate ??

Stick to it, it'll do you good in the long run ... and if your creaky knees stop you exercising as much as you ought, then eat less ! But healthily !

Good luck ... XX