The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Beyond the fridge

Day one of my diet is almost over....... so far, so good! I am not following the Weight Watchers regime to the letter, just applying common sense to the suggestions on offer. If I had to spend my time converting food into points, I wouldn't get much further.

My difficulty is living a sedentary lifestyle, and I am always in front of a screen, whether it's a computer or a TV set, and since I have had the car it has compounded the problem. Prior to my getting the car earlier in the year I was getting a lot more exercise.

Now I have to curb the boredom cravings. Anyone who has been on a diet will testify that if it weren't for the evening/boredom food cravings the weight would drop off, so the secret is to keep busy........... I hope!

It's those moments when only a biscuit or a packet of crisps will do. How do you overcome the urge for an unhealthy snack? I was told last night that women are more likely to have cravings than men. Thinking about it that feels about right.

I must stop writing about food, it's making me feel hungry when I know damn well I am not!
How did I allow myself to get into this mess?

1 comment:

Muderma said...

Are you allowed grapes, Miss Jones ? Or things like dried apricots ?

As you know, I've given up the chocolate and biscuits ... but have substituted grapes.

Keep at it ... and dont watch the commercial channels, as they have too many food ad's !