The original Miss Jones

Friday 5 September 2008

A very Wet Friday

Having made the effort to attend my very first craft course at the University of the Third Age (U3A) ......did my weekly shopping and filled my car up with petrol, all in a continuous downpour, I got home soaked to the skin, had to change my clothes and resort to putting the heating on which was not the plan in the beginning of September!

I felt so tired, as I had not slept last night, that I found myself 'dropping off' in this nicely heated house. The reason for my wakefulness was that last night I dreamt about my ex-husband. He had come to my little house and I was cross about that. My small, compact, nicely managed little house was no place for him! Then I woke up. I padded around my house expecting to see him at every turn. Of course he was not there, it was just a dream.. That man still invades my space! No wonder I am tired!

The U3A was not what I was expecting either. It was not a class, just a group of ladies mainly knitting and having a natter and there's nothing wrong with that. Now I am no spring chicken, but these ladies were well in advance of me on the age tree. I am glad I only paid 50p for the privilege as I don't think I will be going again! Talk about feeling like a fish out of water.

2 comments:

Muderma said...

Oh thats sad ... are there any other U3A things you can join ?

How about the Open University ... they don't only do degrees ... I thin they have general learning courses too ... and CHEAP !!

XX Granny W.

Muderma said...

Me again ... just in case you see this before you get an email ...

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/

... might be the thing to consider if you want to do a bit of brain stretching ??