The original Miss Jones

Thursday 25 September 2008

Nature


I am back in camera mode! I decided that I would practice uploading a picture by myself without my tutor Miss L sitting next to me. Bingo.....I did it! Now whether I can do it again remains to be seen!
I took this picture on the weekend when I did my 'Round Robin' of the city to practice with my camera. I love boats and love being by the water even more, as a Cancerian water is a huge part of my sign, and a huge part of me. I love being by the ocean or the river, that's when I function best.
On my way out earlier, I didn't see any boats or water, but what I did see was a flock of migrating birds. There must have been three dozen or more of them flying overhead in a perfectly shaped V. It was so beautiful to see and so incongruous in this shabby part of the City, where no one looks upwards to see such a sight. It just goes to show you don't have to be in 'posher' parts to see nature, it's all around us if we have the time to look. That sight has uplifted me and has made my day.

No comments: