The original Miss Jones

Friday 26 September 2008

Teen Study Bible - NIV


After my stressful day at the hospital I decided to go for a swim. The only place I could find to park, near to the leisure centre, was outside the Christian Bookshop. In the window they were advertising a Teen Study Bible for teenagers 12 to 15 years. I didn't think there were many teenagers studying the Bible these days so I thought that was encouraging.

There were some teenagers in the pool when I got there, very well behaved, just having a good time, but I wondered what they would think of this Teen Study Bible. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant, do they think there actually is a God or do they not understand about religion at all? I would like to have asked them, but they probably would have thought I was some kind of lonely religious nut case.

As I watched them I just hoped that they find peace and purpose as they go through life and not just struggle to survive without God in their lives.

No comments: