The original Miss Jones

Sunday 7 September 2008

Speeding

Back in the winter months one of my friends was coming to see me when she was caught on camera speeding. She was doing 34mph on a 30mph zone. The fine of £60 was duly paid and the matter put behind her.

I have just read in one of the Sunday papers that the police are offering an alternative 'speed awareness course' in certain parts of the country, conducted by a proffessional driving instructor. They get together a 20 or so strong party of 'offenders'and proceed to lecture then on the Highway Code and and hope they get a fuller understanding of why people drive above the speed limit. The 'offenders are then submitted to a written test on computers. The reason I believe that people might attend this course is to save points on their licence.

The question I am poseing here I suppose is, is this what is happening to tax payers money and what is the point of it?

No comments: