The original Miss Jones

Thursday 4 September 2008

A day in Monmouth

I went to visit Miss L, my lovely friend in Monmouth. I just new that she would sort out the mess I made in my previous entry, by trying to insert a photo. Now no one would ever know I had messed it up! Thank you again Miss L.

The day was relaxing. We had planned to go to the mid-day Eucharist at the near by convent, but some guys arrived unexpectedly to erect a new garage door for Miss L, so we had to abandon our plans for mid-day worship!

The rain came down heavily all day, so as we were indoors I had a computer lesson, or should I say a lesson in correcting rotted up blogs which is a better description I suppose!

After supper we spoke about the Convent, The Society of The Sacred Cross, and the recent death of one of the sisters, a friend of Miss L. The conversation was both interesting and moving, and left me curious to know much more about these wonderful people who give their lives to God. It left me feeling lifted in spirit and poorer in achievement.

During one of the fine periods when it was not raining, which didn't last long, we wandered into the garden and got some seed pods from a rare wild flower not often found in Wales. I think it is called Campunula Patula. These sadly were not for me as for the first time in my life I do not have a garden, but for another friend who I know will be so pleased to have them.

Driving home the rain just kept on falling!

No comments: