The original Miss Jones

Monday 29 June 2009

Wimbledon History

History was made this evening at Wimbledon. When the rain started early evening, the newly constructed roof came over Centre Court for the first time. The crowds were cheering and the flash bulbs were flashing, the atmosphere was great. I would loved to have been there tonight.



Andy Murray has got through to the Quarter Finals. What a match! I sat on the edge of my seat most of the time. It went to 5 sets and lasted 3 hours and 55 minutes. Murray was exhausted. Just as he was walking off court some T.V reporter walked up to him and started interviewing him. How silly. The guy could hardly breath, and this interviewer kept asking him silly questions like 'what does it feel like to play under the new roof ?' He probably didn't even notice.




Anyway, he's through to the next round. He plays again next on Wednesday. I am enjoying the tournament this year, but I can't settle to watching women's tennis any more. It seems so slow after the men's game - sadly I don't enjoy it as much these days.

No comments: