The original Miss Jones

Friday 12 June 2009

Last Chance Harvey.


Another trip to the cinema last night to see the latest Dustin Hoffman film. This was a romantic comedy, a bit slow in parts, but didn't detract from the story of Harvey Shine (Hoffman) an American jingle-writer who goes to London for his daughter's wedding and meets Kate (Emma Thompson) and they fall in love.



Yuk - I can here you saying, but it wasn't like that at all. Very tastefully done, there were great performances by Hoffman and Thompson. While the plot was not ground-breaking, the film was amusing. A different, more mature look at an otherwise stale story.


A McDonald's afterwards finished off a very pleasant evening!



This morning saw me at an office desk for the fist time in *!* years. I started as a volunteer to help run the Parish office with a group of other like-minded people. The set up is excellent, I know a lot of Parishes that would give a lot for a set up like this, and actually adjacent to the Church. The time went quickly and I enjoyed meeting new people. I left with a feeling that I had been of some help. I am looking forward to next week already.

No comments: