The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Pottery and Prayers




Today's temperatures have been much more manageable, but we still had to have all the doors and windows open in the pottery class as the kiln was on; that gives out a lot of heat. Great in the winter though ....


The class today was all about finishing up bits and pieces as the term ends next Wednesday. We are doing traditional cream teas next week to celebrate the end of term, so there won't be much work done. I have enjoyed this class and have decided to return in the Autumn. If I was going there for serious tuition and to learn an art skill, I would find another class, but as I am doing it for part learning and part social, this will do.


``````````````````

This past eighteen months, long before I started blogging myself, I have been following a blog written by a lady in California, who was originally a girl from Birmingham. She has charted the progress in a brave and personal way of her husbands illness - prostate cancer. The blog is dedicated to all men who are fighting this disease. This week has brought the words that all her followers have been dreading to read,


'I feel he is beginning to walk through that last door'.


I went to a small Church opposite the pottery class at lunchtime, one which I knew stayed open during daytime hours, and said a prayer for them both. This lady is not a Believer, but that doesn't matter to me. God will receive Mr. Indi's soul whatever we on earth think.

On Tuesday she wrote;

'He will not go gentle into that goodnight' - Dylan Thomas.


Anyone who has been following this blog cannot help but admire them both, him for his struggle to beat this disease and her, so recently completed treatment for cancer herself, for love and sheer dedication to his well being. If this is to be the time, my thoughts and prayers are with both Indi & Mr. Indi.


If you are a man over 40 reading this, get yourself checked out is her message. It could save your life.

No comments: