The original Miss Jones

Sunday 14 June 2009

From Church to Pub!


Everyone has heard the old adage 'from Church to pub’; well that was me last night. Miss A and myself went to Church - (yes, again - I seem to be there an awful lot), to hear the Gwent Police Male Voice Choir. It was a Charity event and it was a great night. Their repertoire was extensive and they sang quite a lot from musicals as well as the traditional Welsh hymns.



When it was over, it was still quite early- and light- which was a bonus, so we thought we would go and get a nice cold drink somewhere. I couldn't face the Church crowd again!!! We went to a small country pub that I know and what should be on, for Saturday night only, but a guy with an electric guitar singing sixties music! He was great, so there was Miss A and myself mingling with the crowd and singing on the tops of our voices. From Welsh folk and classical, to sixties 'pop' in about eight minutes flat!!!



Last night I looked like a lobster! I decided to do my revision in the garden yesterday afternoon, between my attendances at Church events! When I went to shower, my face arms and neck were bright red, so I took some teasing last night. I just suggested it might just be a healthy glow!!!

No comments: