The original Miss Jones

Thursday 4 June 2009

Open Forum?

I went out early this morning to cast my vote! The day was glorious - not too hot. Walking back I thought about the conversations I have had over the last ten days or so, with various people who have been verbose about their political thoughts and leanings; I put it down to recent happenings.

I have been mildly surprised at some peoples choice of party to support, no surprise at others, but quite shocked by some.

Is this a new thing - people openly discussing their political leanings? As a girl, growing up in the Welsh valleys, no one spoke openly about politics or religion, or declaring their interests to anyone who would listen. These were private matters. I suppose, like everything else, it's the way things have changed. For better or for worse I wonder?

No comments: