The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Wimbledon Starts!




Arriving at the parish office for my stint this morning, I found the Church wide open, people milling about and children singing. I was perplexed to say the least! No one had told me that there was a service. Worried sick in case I had forgotten something, I gingerly went forward to open up the office. No worries, it was an end of term assembly for the Toddler group, nothing to do with the Parish office, therefore not my responsibility. (I sound like Jobs Worth!)

The rest of the morning was quiet and I met some nice people for the first time, who go to the early morning Eucharist, so it was the first time we had all met up.

An afternoon watching Andy Murray in his first round match at Wimbledon was relaxing, although I was on the edge of my seat once or twice, but he pulled it off - he's through! I am not sure the pressure isn't too much for him though, and I am not convinced he will get through to the final - but I hope so.

No comments: