The original Miss Jones

Saturday 27 June 2009

Slices of my life ....



This chap on the left is Fergus. Fergus the Frog. He is a birthday present from my friend Bee. He will live on my bed and on occasions my nightie will live in his tum. You see Fergus is a nightdress case! He was one of the many lovely gifts and cards I received for my birthday, thank you to those of you that are blog followers ..... xxx's to you all.

This morning I went to St. Woolos Cathedral to support a friend who was being ordained as deacon. It was a lovely morning, very joyous and emotional. There were friends there from way back in my life, from a very bad time in my life and current friends and acquaintances. It was a like seeing slices of my life. Wonderful. I thought my birthday couldn't get any better ...and it did!

Son #1 came and picked me up lunchtime and took me to his home where we sat by the pool on this glorious day, sipping lovely exotic ice cold drinks. When granddaughter #3 had finished playing football, we all went to The Celtic Manor for a late lunch. What a fabulous place. I didn't know how much it had developed since the days when I used to go there. Way out of my league now. The glorious sunshine kept beating down as we overlooked some superb views of the beautiful Usk valley. This is a side of Newport that many people don't see. The surrounding countryside is as stunning as any of our neighbouring counties. What a glorious birthday this has been.

I came home and took some phone calls from various friends and now Bee is coming for a good old fashioned 'cuppa' early evening. I have had a really special birthday. Love and thanks to all of you that made it so special, with your cards, invitations, gifts and most of all for giving me your time.

p.s Bee brought a tiny little birthday cake - I didn't bother to count the calories, after my lunch it seemed pointless!

No comments: