The original Miss Jones

Friday 26 June 2009

Flowers for me!




Tomorrow is my birthday - 29 years again! These flowers came from my sister this morning, she knew in advance I would not be in tomorrow. The colours are vibrant and somehow capture the month - June.

I have had loads of cards and presents (as yet unopened) but more of that tomorrow.

The Vicar was with us in the office this morning and he looks very well. It is the first time I have had a real conversation with him. He is a quiet, very private man, but extremely intelligent, dry, and witty; he's a good conversationalist too. I like that in a person.

Today cannot pass without the mention of the death of Michael Jackson. It was reported on the BBC news that Websites were struggling to cope last night as Internet users read about his death.

Prescription painkillers have been cited as the cause, what a waste of a life. I know very little about his music, but found him fascinating to watch. His absolute mastery of movement made him compulsive viewing whenever he was on television. May he find the peace in death that was so elusive to him in life.

No comments: