The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Weather watch!

Rear garden of my house this morning

Even after the snowfall overnight, which was only light I know, we didn't have a lot in the city. As I have said before, we are situated on the coast here on a very low plateau and rarely get snow. I was speaking with a friend on the phone last night and we agreed that the last substantial snowfall we remember in this city was 1984.

I remember that snowfall, I was still working then and we had had a day of interviews, my boss the then Bishop of Monmouth, was not keen for us to shut up shop as he thought people might still be trying to get try to get to us. The result of that was staff (all two of us) were stuck in the city centre long after the buses had stopped running and I had to walk the three miles home in the dark in a blizzard! My boss walked the first two miles with me and my husband and eldest son came to meet me from the other direction so I was not alone on this trek home! The worst that happened to me was that I had frost bite!

Nothing like that in 2009 ......... thank heavens!

No comments: