The original Miss Jones

Friday 20 February 2009

Mona Lisa


I have had several private emails about my reference to The Mona Lisa (Blog Thursday 19th February). Some agreed with me that the portrait of Isabella d' Este was easier on the eye and some did not agree with me. Then we got on to the more popular issue of what made the Mona Lisa smile. This is an old joke, so I decided to see if I could find out once and for all what did make her smile. The answer is there on the Internet!

According to Da Vinci's biographer Vasari, the artist had hired clowns, singers and bell ringers in order to amuse her so that she wouldn't get bored. Well she certainly looked amused!

No more emails on this subject Per....lease!

...................................................
When I arrived back home today the house opposite me had been painted powder blue with white windows and doors! I wonder if that is it ... finished and it remains powder blue, or if it is an undercoat or something. Funny colour for a house!

No comments: