The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Japanese Bridge

Japanese Bridge - Monet

Glancing through a travel brochure this afternoon I saw a holiday advertised to The Loire Valley. I have heard it is one of France's most beautiful regions sometimes called 'The Garden of France'. The Village where Monet lived is called Vernon, there are tours of the house and garden where he painted the the picture above. Most of us have seen this image reproduced on birthday cards and calendars, but to actually see where it was painted would be great.

I have to start thinking about travelling on my own, because if I don't pick up the courage to do so, I will be stuck at home permanently! What is my problem? It is not as if I have never been anywhere, I have travelled as frequently as anyone, both home and abroad, it's just the thought of travelling on my own that puts me off. How stupid is that?

No comments: