The original Miss Jones

Thursday 5 February 2009

Being Nosey ....

Being Nosey!

Once the drama of yesterday was over and my friend was leaving this morning it was a hoot in my house. Miss L is self confessed nosey! She lives in the country in a large house well away from the road and from the village, so when she comes to my house she is in her element! I was trying to put breakfast and got called upstairs twice, then to the living room, then she is looking out of the kitchen window but decided she could not see enough from there.

She saw, a woman sweeping snow from the front drive in her nightie, dressing gown and shoes, then she saw that someone had pegged their washing out in the snow, I was informed of the colour of the ironing board cover in the house over the way, what time they got up this morning and how they had now gone out! Each time someone passes my window she is like a 'Bobbin Robin'!

What tickles me is when she says 'I would hate to live here!' I suspect this street wouldn't be too thrilled at the prospect either!

No comments: